This recipe is sure to jazz up your zucchini, it is fabulous. I will definitely make this again!
Italian Zucchini Saute
1/2 c olive oil
1 small white onion, sliced into thin wedges
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with juice
2 zucchinis, sliced
1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp sugar
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook until tender. Mix in tomatoes with juice and zucchini. Season with Italian seasoning and salt. Cook and stir until zucchini is tender. Mix in sugar and adjust seasonings to taste.
*Allrecipes.com.... but I changed a few things: First, I am a yellow onion girl, it is my onion of choice. Second, I thought a tbsp of salt was ridiculous. My husband wrote the recipe down for me and I thought maybe he switched the salt and sugar and I started to react that way. By the time he assured me he wrote it correctly, the deed was done... and it was a little sweeter than necessary. But I still wouldn't put that much salt in. I also put a dash of cumin in, just for fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment