Friday, January 16, 2009

Teriyaki Glaze for Salmon

I looked at a few recipes and made my own, adjusting as I went. That is the great thing about a glaze/sauce, you can taste it as you go and adjust to your individual dish or delight.


Teriyaki Glaze
1 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar (I saw a recipe use this and I had some, but I don't believe it is necessary)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 clove garlic

Cook over medium heat. To thicken: mix about 1/2 cup warm water with 1 tbsp of corn starch. Add to the glaze for your desired thickness. Add a little at a time as it can change quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I tried this a while back. I've used teriyaki and soy sauce, and I've used on both salmon and chicken. It's so yummy and so easy. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete