Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice... Spiced Almonds

This is my favorite treat at Christmas time. Really, they are good enough to eat anytime but then you would lose just a bit of tradition.




Spiced Almonds
4 c almonds
1 egg white
1 Tbsp water


1/2 c sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Beat egg white until frothy but not stiff. Add water and beat until frothy not stiff. Add almonds and mix until evenly coated.

Mix together sugar, salt and cinnamon and add to almonds. Mix until evenly coated.
Bake 1 hour at 250 degrees.

(I know... a whole hour to wait for these crunchy delights! I was miserable smelling their goodness while I waited. Oh, and they are better when cooled, so you have to wait longer... but they are SO worth the wait!)

4 comments:

  1. I am flattered. I just can't believe I didn't hear about this blog sooner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to get a few posts in before I shared with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I have to ask a magic fairy how many almonds to put in??? Oh wondrous second banana can you count them for me? (or just a measured estimation would do nicely...:) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I can't believe I forgot the main inredient. I was recalling from my memory- which I guess means I have a poor memory!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete