
I made this the other night for dinner for me and my husband or my "man chowder" as my brother would refer to him when we were dating/engaged. This recipe is delicious, found on allrecipes.com (as well as the picture).
Salmon Chowder
3 Tbsp butter
3/4 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped celery
1/2 c chopped red pepper (not in the actual recipe, but I had it on hand)
1 tsp garlic powder
2 c diced potatoes
2 carrots, diced
2 c chicken broth
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp dill weed (or tarragon as a substitutes)
2 (16 oz) cans salmon (I used fresh salmon that I baked before)
1 can evaporated milk
1 can creamed corn
1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion, celery, red pepper and garlic powder until onions are tender. Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, pepper and dill. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Stir in salon, evaporated milk, corn and cheese. Cook until heated through.
I added a little more broth at the beginning because I had extra potatoes and extra veggies. At the end I also added a little flour to make it a little thicker.

No comments:
Post a Comment