Monday, June 21, 2010

Easy "Spanish Rice"

Didn't quite taste like traditional Spanish rice, but it is wonderful and easy.

1 box of rice pilaf
1 can of diced tomatoes
1/2 can green chiles
1 tbsp butter (or whatever the package of rice says)
chicken broth (I happened to have some open, and put in about 1/4 cup)

Do not add the water to the package of rice pilaf, instead add the above ingredients and follow the rest of the directions as you would normally.

We put these in burritos with grilled peppers and onions, shredded chicken, chard, cheese, black beans and some corn and they were delicious.

We ran out of chicken for lunch today but I put down rice, black beans, corn, grilled peppers and topped with cheese and lettuce and had a salad with my new favorite Mexican dressing (salsa with Dorothy Lynch)

1 comment:

  1. I just made my own version of "Spanish Rice" too! Here's what I did....

    2 c rice (I only had jasmine! haha!)
    1 can diced tomatoes with chillies
    1 can chicken broth
    1 tsp cumin
    juice from 1 lime

    Throw it all in the rice cooker and mix it up a bit. Then add more water until the water level hits your first knuckle when the tip of your finger is touching the rice. (I know that may sound complicated but it yields perfect rice every time and that's how all the old Asian ladies do it.)

    Push start! Wait until it beeps. Fluff with a fork and serve hot.

    Maybe I should put this on my blog that I haven't posted on for a few years...

    ReplyDelete