I planned a Saturday date for my husband and I. We started out with a run (we run separately because he would be bored at my pace!), after he made wonderful blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup and walnuts (delicious!) and after we went pickin' blueberries. We went a little farther away than needed, but the scenery was much better and well worth the drive. Not to mention, we listened to a fabulous podcast of "This American Life." Although the clouds threatened, it was a perfect summer day.
Question is, what do I do with all these blueberries... 8.5 lbs total!

If all else fails, just freeze them. If you lay them out on a cookie sheet and freeze them for a few hours before you put them in ziploc bags, then they will hold their shape a little better and not get smooshed. (Is "smooshed" a word?)
ReplyDeleteDang it Jo! I was going to say the same thing. We just stuck them in a ziplock bag cause we were going out of town and I didn't want them to go bad... They turned out fine - no 'smooshing.' On the really hot days we ate them - they were such a perfect snack and my kids LOVED them :)
ReplyDeleteDang it! I saw this post too late. We had already put them in ziploc bags and into the freezer. Oh well!
ReplyDeleteI like the word smooshing... I also like the word smooching!