Friday, February 13, 2009

Spunky Chicken...


While on the dreadmill in our apartment office I was watching the Food Network and saw a spunky lady make a delicious meal. I came in just after the beginning so I don't know who the cook was or what the dish was called. I thought it seemed easy enough so I made the dish last night. Whatever it is called, it is fantastic! So here is my recipe from what I can remember...

Spunky Chicken (spunky after the cook on FN)
4 chicken breasts (I used thighs but should have used breasts)
6-8 strips of turkey bacon, cut into chunks
1 lb mushrooms
1 medium onion chopped
1/4 package of cream cheese
1/4 c milk
1/4 c almonds
EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

(These are fairly close to what I used; however, the great part of a recipe like this is you can adjust to whatever you want. If you want it creamier add more milk, if you want it cheesier add more cream cheese. If you happen to love bacon, throw a few more strips on)

DIRECTIONS
1. Start cooking the breasts with a little butter in one pan

2. In the other start cooking the bacon. Once halfway cooked add the onions and later the mushrooms. I put a little butter in this pan as well to start the sauce.

3. The sauce: In my food processor I creamed the cream cheese with the milk to start the sauce. It will be runny, which is what you want. Add this to the bacon mixture. For the thickener start blending the almonds in the food processor and slowly add a little EVOO. This should become a paste. I kept adding more EVOO thinking it would turn more creamy, it doesn't and while the paste sits the extra EVOO will start to settle.

I served the chicken over a bunch of asparagus.







No comments:

Post a Comment